About the Washington-on-the-Brazos State Park Association
Helping Preserve Texas History
through Preservation, Education, and Celebrations
Washington-on-the-Brazos State Park Association is the non profit 501-(c)(3) support group for Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site which includes Independence Hall, Star of the Republic Museum, and Barrington Living History Farm. Chartered in 1955 by the State of Texas, it is a statewide volunteer organization dedicated to generate support to facilitate preservation projects, celebrations, and educational programming at Washington-on-the Brazos.
Washington-on-the-Brazos State Park Association, a non-profit organization, exists to help preserve the rich history of the heroic actions taken by our forefathers at Washington-on-the-Brazos with the signing of the Texas Declaration of Independence from Mexico, on March 2, 1836.
The Association generates support to facilitate programs, celebrations, and education at Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site, Star of the Republic Museum, and Barrington Living History Farm.
You can play a vital role in Texas History...
Download our printable Membership Form, fill it out and mail it to us.
Accomplishments of the Association
• Longest running support group in the Texas Parks and Wildlife system.
• Sponsors and secures funding for the annual Texas Independence Day Celebration.
• Assisted in the reconstruction of Independence Hall
• In concert with the Barrington Society, purchased, relocated to the park, and
restored the home of Dr. Anson Jones, the last president of the Republic of Texas.
• Assisted in securing public and private funds to build the Star of the Republic Museum in 1969, and its subsequent expansion in 1992.
• Continues to fund the acquisition of interpretive artifacts and provided financial
support for education programs presented by the park, farm, and museum.
• Assists in promoting the site through a litany of marketing opportunities
• Raise funds for the necessary improvements needed to maintain a safe,
enriching, and educational environment for visitors.